Monday, December 8, 2014

Gamecube adapter discontinued?!




Rumor has it- eww! Rumor has it- eww! Rumor has it- eww! Hello gamers! Today we have a particularly pesky rumor going around regarding the GameCube controller adapter for Wii U. According to a tweet from a Canadian video game retailer, the Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer amibos as well as the GameCube controller adapter have all been discontined.

While I find this hard to believe, they are Canadians. And, not only this, but GameStop also lists the adapters as 'not available'. When Nintendo News called GameStop, they said "demand for the product currently outweighs its production, but we will receive more when Nintendo makes more." Does this mean Nintendo really has discontinued these products? It sure does seem like it.

Screenshot of GameStop website at
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter/115426
If this really is the case, I'm going to be peed. Nintendo got all of us diehard fans of the GC controller all siked for this and then they swipe it away before it's even the holiday season. I haven't gotten a copy of SSB for Wii U, but I was hoping I might receive it as a Christmas gift or get it afterwards. While I could handle using the 3DS, Wii U gamepad, or Wii U Classic Controller (although they are way overpriced and I don't plan on buying one soon) it just isn't the same as that classic GC feel that I used with my first SSB and Mario Kart game. I hope this is just a temporary shortage, similar to the Skylanders famine a few years back.

GameCube Controller Adapter For Wii U Now Discontinued

Whether or not this rumor turns out to be true, I hope you stay tuned as we hope for the best. Thanks for reading!

Sources:
http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/gamecube-controller-adapter-discontinued/

No comments:

Post a Comment